In the past, Composting was a daunting task that required patience and determination to be successful.
Now, the Swachh City makes Composting easy by doing all of the dirty work for you! When you sign up for our service, we deliver a composter bin and our site technician will visit your place on alternate days to manage it. All you have to do is place your food scraps in the green bin alloted to you rather than your trash or garbage disposal, and we take care of the rest at a local composting facility.
- Vegetables / Fruit Peels
- Cooked Food / Leftovers
- Egg Shells
- Chicken / Fish Bones
- Rotten Fruits / Vegetables
- Tissue Paper Soiled with Food
- Tea Bags / Coffee Grind
- Leaf Plates
- Plastic (Must be rinsed if soiled)
- Plastic Covers
- Milk / Curd Pouches
- Paper (must be rinsed if soiled) Newspaper
- Magazines Stationery
- Cardboard and Cartons
- Pizza Boxes
- Tetra Packs
- Disposable Cups And Plates
- Glass (Handle with care) Unbroken Glass Bottles
Composting is the natural aerobic (with oxygen) decomposition of organic matter into nutrient rich soil.
- Composting diverts our food scraps from landfills and incinerators
- Our landfills are filling up, leading to longer and longer hauling distances, higher greenhouse gas emissions, higher waste management costs, and less space available for our trash. Composting could cut back our solid waste stream by as much as 33%.
- When food scraps are left in a landfill or incinerated they release CO2, a green house gas.
- Composting is a sustainable alternative that puts the nutrients from our food scraps back into the earth and, eventually, our food system by using the finished compost as a fertilizer for local farms.
- Composting is the final step to completing a truly sustainable food cycle system.